A note from the founder/ CEO: This tea goes back to the first days of Two Leaves. I wanted an awesome Japanese Green Tea, one that was actually green in the cup, sweet, rich, but not too strong and bitter. So many green teas in the US are just not that great. When I first approached tea suppliers and told them that I wanted a tea of this quality to go into a tea sachet they told me I was crazy. “Americans don’t like this quality of green tea,” they said. One grower didn’t even want to sell us! He would only sell me his tea when I reassured him that we would strictly maintain the quality of the packing to keep the tea fresh.
light buzz, 1/3 cup of coffee
Organic green tea
- 1 Use 15oz filtered water per sachet.
- 2 Heat water to 180˚F and pour over sachet.
- 3 Steep 3+ minutes.
- Avoid scalding this tea with boiling water.
- Unlike our Jasmine, you can give this tea a good, long steep and not worry about it becoming bitter.
- Great tea for an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Store your tea away from heat and light. This is a delicate green tea that could even stand to be stored in the refrigerator to prevent oxidation and photo-degradation. Just don’t store it next to the onions: tea absorbs odor.